The SCPC Bulletin
The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC) is always hosting, sponsoring or attending events and workshops. Below is a calendar of workshops, conferences and more! In order to see the live registration link, click the event and click "more details."
This information was contributed by Randy Harmon, Manager of Business Development at the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
Share the EHAC Pledge Video
Save a Life - Be a First Responder
Dr. Bahr: Inspiration on a Mission
The Science of Peace Lecture
This article was contributed by Dr. Raymond Bahr, Cardiologist & a founder of the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
Missing a chance to save a life greatly impacted my life and became the foundation for both the Society and Early Heart Attack Care. But, greater men came before me, men who believed that poverty should not create limits on healthcare. I'm speaking of Dr. Paul Dudley White and Dr. Rene Favalaro.
Before his tragic death in 2000, my friend Dr. Favalaro delivered a speech that became known as the Science of Peace Lecture. In this speech, he outlined the basic ideals of Dr. White's approach to practicing medicine and gave examples of how medical treatment should not lose its focus. "The greatest challenge is to guarantee access to the basics of healthcare for everybody according to the tenets of the Hippocratic Oath," stated Dr. Favalaro.
Dr. Bahr: Speaking EHAC at IU Health
On September 19 and 20, I had the pleasure of speaking to IU Health employees at the Tipton and Muncie, Indiana, locations.
It was a wonderful opportunity to share the story of the evolution of Early Heart Attack Care, the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care and our vision for the future. What comprises this vision? Before we address that topic, let me share some eye-opening information.
Many people do not realize that EHAC was started because I missed the chance to save a life. Many people do not realize that this education became the foundation of the Society. And many people do not realize that www.DeputyHeartAttack.org is the community outreach program completely funded by the Society. But now you do!
And there's more. How many of you went into cardiovascular medicine because you were personally affected by a heart attack? Based upon the stories I heard at IU Health and the e-mails I receive on a daily basis, many of you also lost a loved one and it changed your life. And this helps us expand the vision for the future of EHAC because I believe like you believe that we can save more people!
Recent Articles & News:
- February 27, 2015: 18th Congress - The premier educational forum for cardiovascular healthcare providers.
- January 22, 2015: Congress Brainstorming Sessions, C4 Bootcamp, Congress Registration Information
- December 2014: EHAC Reaches 300,000+, Nominate Your 2014 EHAC Person of the Year, New Dr. Bahr Articles & More!
- November 21, 2014: All about the 18th Congress
- October 23, 2014: Workshop Week, 18th Congress, HF Job Opening, New EHAC Video
- September 23, 2014: Improving HF Webinar, Workshop Week, WH Day, EHAC Updates and More SCPC Updates
- August 15, 2014: Unlock Innovation in Your Hospital
- July 16, 2014: SCPC Update
- June 12, 2014: SCPC Update
- Congress Update: Early Bird Registration Fees Extended to March 31
- February 17, 2014: Sneak a Peek at CPC v5.0, Service Line Analytics, Congress Keynote Announced
- February 3, 2014: HF Article, the "Next" D2B, Executive Summit and News Congress Info
- January 22, 2014: Heart Month Materials, C4 Credits, Executive Summit
- January 6, 2014: Deadline Extensions, New Workshops, New EHAC Materials
- December 9, 2013: Brainstorming at Congress, Last Cycle IV Workshops, Congress Agenda and More!
- 2013 EHAC Person of the Year
- November 12, 2013: 10 Years of Greatness, Executive Summit, First HF Dashboard Webinar, Science of Peace Lecture and More!
- October 21, 2013: Free Observation Medicine Webinar, New HF Line Specialist, Accreditation ROI and More!
- October 3, 2013: Free Health Care Reform Webinar, New Events, EHAC & More!
- September 25, 2013: 100,000 for EHAC, Mission: Lifeline Updates, Cycle IV Info and More!
- September 3, 2013: D2B 7 Minutes, Free Workshops, A-fib Awareness & More!
- August 14, 2013: Congrats to the C4 Graduates, New A-fib Information & More!
- July 23, 2013: New FIB Metrics, Analytics in HF v2.0, C-4 Bootcamps & More
- July 8, 2013 SCPC Update: New Resources Section, Events, Accreditation Assistance...
- June 19, 2013 SCPC Update: Win a Free Workshop Spot, HF v2.0 Update & thanks to our EHAC Hospitals!
- June 5, 2013 SCPC News: Updated Workshop Calendar & Webinars
- May 8, 2013 SCPC News: Updated Workshop Calendar & New EHAC Training Materials
- April 22 2013 SCPC Update
- April 8 2013 SCPC Update
- March 25 2013 SCPC Update
- Heart Failure v2.0 Launches!
- SCPC Hospital Success: Even Traffic Jams Can't Slow Jackson Team 16 minute Door-to-Balloon!
- SCPC Hospital Success: Brothers "Bump Into" Each Other at Houston Northwest Medical
- February 20, 2013 SCPC Update
- February 11, 2013 SCPC Update
- Dr. Ray Bahr: February is Heart Month
- Dr. Bahr: How to Foil Death by Heart Attack
- A-fib Education Short-Course at the 16th Congress
- Expanding the SCPC Tools for A-fib
- Partnering with the "Enemy" - An inspirational story
- September is Atrial Fibrillation Awareness Month
- Good morning, this is your follow-up call
- Dr. Bahr: The Power of An Idea
- Learn about accreditation
- Detect the early signs of a heart attack
- Find an accredited facility near you
Meet our Experts
Randy Harmon, Manager of Business Development, brings years of sales and marketing experience to the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC). Randy is responsible for promoting the Society's mission by educating healthcare professionals on the value of accreditation/certification. When he is not in the office assisting hospitals with the accreditation process, you can find Randy at the SCPC booth exhibiting at a number of conferences and conventions. If your facility or system is considering pursuing accreditation/certification through SCPC and has questions, please contact Randy Harmon today.