The SCPC Bulletin Board
The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC) will now post updates on all of the happenings on this page. Check back often to stay up to date!
This information was contributed by Randy Harmon, Manager of Business Development at the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
Cycle IV Chest Pain Center Accreditation (CPCA)
- If your facility is considering applying for CPCA and would like to learn more about the process, please click here to download a general overview.
As you may be aware, the Society is now offering a Cycle IV System Discount Program. The response has been fantastic and a number of systems have either submitted their applications or are in the process of applying. For more information about this program, please contact please email Randy Harmon
Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib) Certification
Important Announcement for Facilities Seeking Atrial Fibrillation Certification
Just as there are Chest Pain Center Accreditations for facilities with and without PCI capability, soon there will be Atrial Fibrillation Certifications for facilities with and without EP lab capability.
Currently, the eligibility criteria for Atrial Fibrillation Certification includes the requirements for the facility to have an EP lab, specific EP trained physicians, and to meet specific volume requirements for EP studies. The Society of Chest Pain Centers recognizes the need to offer the Atrial Fibrillation Certification program to facilities that do not meet these requirements but do assess, treat, and manage a-fib patients and transfer them to facilities that can offer advanced EP studies and therapies when indicated.
Stay tuned for future announcements regarding this additional Atrial Fibrillation Certification program.
Spreading Prevention through Accreditation
Because every heart matters...
The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC) provides education, accreditation and certification in order to help facilities streamline their critical care processes.
As you review the information on the SCPC website, please take a moment to review the fundamentals of our mission.
Accreditation refers to the process of awarding a status to a healthcare facility that meets or exceeds stated criteria of quality performance. SCPC grants the following types of accreditation:
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation
- Heart Failure Accreditation
- Critical Access Hospital Chest Pain Accreditation
To receive full accreditation, healthcare facilities must meet or exceed the criteria stated in the respective Accreditation Tool. SCPC accredited facilities have demonstrated a high level of care for their cardiac patients by having the full spectrum of cardiac care processes in place for accreditation and have had a successful site review conducted by SCPC’s Accreditation Review Specialists.
Certification refers to the confirmation of certain characteristics within a healthcare facility, and full accreditation by SCPC is a pre-requisite for both Atrial Fibrillation and Chest Pain Center Coordinator certifications.
SCPC offers two types of certifications:
- Atrial Fibrillation Certification: The set of processes for treating atrial fibrillation patients is viewed as a component of a facility that has already earned the distinction of Chest Pain Center Accreditation. To receive Atrial Fibrillation Certification, the accredited chest pain center must meet the criteria specified in the Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation Tool. The Atrial Fibrillation Certification process is more streamlined, and a site review is not required.
- Certified Chest Pain Center Coordinator (CCPC): Those seeking this status must be from a facility that has been fully accredited by SCPC as a chest pain center, must meet all eligibility requirements, and must pass the CCPC exam.
Recent Articles & News:
- May 8 2013 SCPC News: Updated Workshop Calendar & New EHAC Training Materials
- April 22 2013 SCPC Update
- April 8 2013 SCPC Update
- March 25 2013 SCPC Update
- Heart Failure v2.0 Launches!
- SCPC Hospital Success: Even Traffic Jams Can't Slow Jackson Team 16 minute Door-to-Balloon!
- SCPC Hospital Success: Brothers "Bump Into" Each Other at Houston Northwest Medical
- February 20, 2013 SCPC Update
- February 11, 2013 SCPC Update
- Dr. Ray Bahr: February is Heart Month
- February 4, 2013 Congress Update
- Dr. Bahr: How to Foil Death by Heart Attack
- A-fib Education Short-Course at the 16th Congress
- Expanding the SCPC Tools for A-fib
- Partnering with the "Enemy" - An inspirational story
- September is Atrial Fibrillation Awareness Month
- Good morning, this is your follow-up call
- Dr. Bahr: The Power of An Idea
- Learn about accreditation
- Detect the early signs of a heart attack
- Find an accredited facility near you
Meet our Experts
Randy Harmon, Manager of Business Development, brings years of sales and marketing experience to the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC). Randy is responsible for promoting the Society's mission by educating healthcare professionals on the value of accreditation/certification. When he is not in the office assisting hospitals with the accreditation process, you can find Randy at the SCPC booth exhibiting at a number of conferences and conventions. If your facility or system is considering pursuing accreditation/certification through SCPC and has questions, please contact Randy Harmon today.