The SCPC Bulletin
The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC) is always hosting, sponsoring or attending events and workshops. Below is a calendar of workshops, conferences and more! In order to see the live registration link, click the event and click "more details."
This information was contributed by Randy Harmon, Manager of Business Development at the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
Share the EHAC Pledge Video
Save a Life - Be a First Responder
Dr. Bahr: Inspiration on a Mission
The Science of Peace Lecture
This article was contributed by Dr. Raymond Bahr, Cardiologist & a founder of the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
Missing a chance to save a life greatly impacted my life and became the foundation for both the Society and Early Heart Attack Care. But, greater men came before me, men who believed that poverty should not create limits on healthcare. I'm speaking of Dr. Paul Dudley White and Dr. Rene Favalaro.
Before his tragic death in 2000, my friend Dr. Favalaro delivered a speech that became known as the Science of Peace Lecture. In this speech, he outlined the basic ideals of Dr. White's approach to practicing medicine and gave examples of how medical treatment should not lose its focus. "The greatest challenge is to guarantee access to the basics of healthcare for everybody according to the tenets of the Hippocratic Oath," stated Dr. Favalaro.
Dr. Bahr: Speaking EHAC at IU Health
On September 19 and 20, I had the pleasure of speaking to IU Health employees at the Tipton and Muncie, Indiana, locations.
It was a wonderful opportunity to share the story of the evolution of Early Heart Attack Care, the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care and our vision for the future. What comprises this vision? Before we address that topic, let me share some eye-opening information.
Many people do not realize that EHAC was started because I missed the chance to save a life. Many people do not realize that this education became the foundation of the Society. And many people do not realize that www.DeputyHeartAttack.org is the community outreach program completely funded by the Society. But now you do!
And there's more. How many of you went into cardiovascular medicine because you were personally affected by a heart attack? Based upon the stories I heard at IU Health and the e-mails I receive on a daily basis, many of you also lost a loved one and it changed your life. And this helps us expand the vision for the future of EHAC because I believe like you believe that we can save more people!
Recent Articles & News:
- April, 2016: Congress Hotel Discounts, Learning Pathways and Pre-Conference Workshop Information
- March, 2016: New Congress Dates for Early Bird Registration and Call for Abstracts
- February, 2016: Congress Keynote Speaker and Registration
- December 15, 2015: Educational Pathways at the 19th Congress
- November 6, 2015: 19th Congress Invitation and Information
- September 28, 2015: Obs Services Workshop and Certification, 2016 Congress Dates.
- July 15, 2015: Obs Services, Workshops, Savings and Certification Program.
- March 25, 2015: Obs Services, Free 1/2 Day Accreditation Planning Workshop and more important 18th Congress information.
- February 27, 2015: 18th Congress - The premier educational forum for cardiovascular healthcare providers.
- January 22, 2015: Congress Brainstorming Sessions, C4 Bootcamp, Congress Registration Information
- Dr. Raymond Bahr: February is Heart Month
- Dr. Raymond Bahr: How to Foil Death by Heart Attack
- Dr. Raymond Bahr Partnering with the "Enemy" - An inspirational story
- Dr. Raymond Bahr Good morning, this is your follow-up call
- Dr. Raymond Bahr: The Power of An Idea
- Learn about accreditation
- Detect the early signs of a heart attack
- Find an accredited facility near you
Meet our Experts
Randy Harmon, Manager of Business Development, brings years of sales and marketing experience to the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC). Randy is responsible for promoting the Society's mission by educating healthcare professionals on the value of accreditation/certification. When he is not in the office assisting hospitals with the accreditation process, you can find Randy at the SCPC booth exhibiting at a number of conferences and conventions. If your facility or system is considering pursuing accreditation/certification through SCPC and has questions, please contact Randy Harmon today.