SCPC's Philosophy on Accreditation
Accreditation brings together diverse medical specialties, such as EMS, emergency medicine, and cardiology; clinicians and administrators; doctors and nurses; lawyers; architects and quality improvement professionals. It improves the clinical processes for the early assessment, diagnosis and treatment of Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Heart Failure (HF), and Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) within facilities.
Accredited hospitals have achieved a higher level of expertise when dealing with patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack.
- Emphasizes standardized diagnostic and treatment programs
- Provides more efficient and effective evaluation
- Assists rapid treatment of patients with chest pain and other heart attack symptoms
- Provides education for healthcare professionals and the community
- Reduces the risk factors for heart attack